Applicants must be women who are registered Democrats and who reside in the state of Arizona.
Applicants must be prepared to commit to dedicating one Saturday a month from January through June, 2013, plus homework and preparation.
Application Process for 2013
There is a $50 non-refundable application fee due at the time of filing your applicaton.
If selected, there is a $350 tuition fee due prior to the first scheduled class.
Emerge Arizona believes that tuition should NOT be a barrier to participation in the program. Partial financial aid may be awarded after admission to the program.
Emerge Arizona seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective political leadership and are committed to run for elective office and who have:
- evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community
- interest in running for political office
- demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal
- ability and desire to build effective networks
- ability to articulate a personal political vision
- demonstrated ability to inspire others
- commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the trainings
Emerge embraces diversity and encourages applications from all women regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation or physical abilities.